Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday Thanks

I was a total slacker this week with the blog, and am quite sorry. I have been writing grants for Gadfly, putting together a fundraiser, applying for a second job, solidifying a season, and fulfilling some pretty awesome tarot gigs. I also had a really crazy busy but FUN week, which you'll see reflected in the Thursday Thanks! I have started some rough drafts of blogs, so here's what you have to look forward to in upcoming weeks:

*Going Into Business With Your Best Friend, and How to Keep the Personal and Business Separate (This will be a blog that also goes up on Jacks and Jills)
*Self-Evolution, or Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid of Change
*Missed Opportunity: What You're Costing Yourself by Holding Back

So, while I work on those, go ahead and peruse the rundown of everything I'm grateful for this week:

Things That Inspired Peace:
{Voting in new board members that I know are going to do a GREAT job!}
{Evenings of Manny doing my hair and make-up as we watch Will & Grace}
{Getting P-A-I-D for excellent tarot work}
{Spotting and purchasing early/late holiday gifts for loved ones at a bargain price}
{Music by The Pierces (seriously, look them up. Beautiful.) and Tom Petty's "Mojo" album}
{Rainfall and thunderstorms as I drift off to sleep}
{Using my Facebook status to ask "What's something that made you happy today?" and getting some amazing, touching, and often hilarious responses.}

Things That Evoked Passion:
{Quality flicks like Beginners and Burn After Reading (both viewed this week)}
{Spontaneous days in bookstores and at street festivals with amazing friends}
{Stocking up on plays and theatre related literature for cheap (although the reason it was so cheap is a little depressing)}
{Fundraisers for arts organizations that involve drag queens and liquor}
{Getting fees waived for the upcoming Gadfly season (HELLZ yeah)}
{Seeing my friends at the GonzoGroup Theatre's wonderful and experimental production of The Maids. Seriously, Twin Cities folks, GO SEE IT.}
{The UN FINALLY calling for a civil rights investigation on how GLBT persons are being treated in each country.}

Things I Just Plain Loved:
{Seeing the new Wilde Roast Cafe! It is...perfect}
{Finding a new bag, fully sustainable, for only 9 bucks}
{Spontaneous BFF shopping trips}
{Spotting some adorable mushroom patches while out on a walk}
{Open mic night at Acme Comedy Club}
{Getting hired on to direct a show (details coming)}
{Coupons; because parts of me are fifty years old}
{Discovering new cafes with amazing chai and cold press that comes complete with maple syrup!}


How about your own lists? Hmmm?

Peace, passion, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment